The Wahoo Walls Basement Finishing System is engineered to incorporate all the various aspects and considerations of below grade construction into a single easy to use component. Utilizing time tested materials that are 100% Safe, 100% Waterproof, 100% Inorganic and will NOT support the growth of Mold or Mildew, we have created the finest basement wall system available.
SAFE, CLEAN AND GREEN!
That’s our commitment to you!
Each Panel consists of a 3.5” thick core of Integrity ™ EPS Insulation Type 1 R-15.4 at 25 degrees clad on both faces with a ¼” thick JetBoard ™ MgO outer skin with R-0.6.
Each Panel measures 96”H x 48” W x 4”D
Each Panel weighs approx. 90lbs.
Track components are heavy duty aluminum that will not rust. Will not degrade. And provide a continuous draft stop.
Core Material – 3.5” Integrity™ Closed Cell EPS Type 1 – not recycled.
- No recycled foam is used as recycled foam reduces R value and is NOT waterproof. Can our competitors make this claim? Can they verify it?
- 100% Virgin Material
- R-15.4 rating at 25 degrees (see Atlas Integrity spec sheet and testing provided by manufacturer)
- 100% Inorganic
- 100% Cannot support the growth of Mold or Mildew (see mold report and testing done by Atlas EPS)
¼” thick Jet Board™ Magnesium Oxide outer skins on BOTH faces of wall panels
Not all MgO materials are alike. Please see Jet Board specifications on their Healthy Green product used in Wahoo Walls
- Magnesium oxide is water stable
- Manufactured in its entirety at Room Temperature.
Compare that to drywall which requires nearly 2,490,000 BTU’s to dry 1000 square ft. (That’s only 31 sheets!)
- Requires NO paper facing to maintain integrity like drywall.
- 100% Inorganic
- 100% Cannot support the Growth of Mold or Mildew
- Out performs drywall in its Fire Resistance characteristics. (CLASS “A” ASTM E84 Surface
Burning Characteristics, Flame Spread and Smoke Developed Indices)
100% ICC Approved and Code Compliant Laminating Adhesive.
View Wahoo Walls ASTM e84 Fire Test Report
ASTMe84 Fire rating for Wahoo Wall panels: You can use any finish you like if your local building code only requires this test. You can use corner mold trim and a batten for the seam as long as your local building permit department approves this fire test for your area and your project.
View Wahoo Walls NFPA286 Test Report
NFPA286 Fire rating was passed using our recommended installation process. Please note, the spline and drywall compound and tape for the seams. In addition, the drywall compound and tape for the inside and outside corners are necessary for meeting this fire rating.